Main | Tourney Talk Login to Reply
Fairmont Freezing Finger Flinger
spreadicus

Just announced: The Annual Fairmont Ice Bowl will be held on Saturday February 24th, 2007 at the Seth Burton Memorial Disc Golf Course!!

Entry Fee: $20.00 which includes a player pack!!
Charity: Once Again !00% of the proceeds from the Ice Bowl will benefit the Fairmont Soup Opera!
Sign-in: Saturday Morning from 8:30 am to 9:30 am
Meeting: at 9:45 am
Tee-Off: at 10:00 am
Format: 1 round of 20 holes with a complimentary Chili Lunch for all participants!!

Specials
- First 30 entries will receive a Full-Color 2007 Ice Bowl disc!!
- Raise $50 - $99 and get $10.00 off their entry fee and
- Raise $100 and get free entry
- Raise over $150 in charitable donations and you get a long-sleeve 2007 Ice Bowl T-shirt!

Pre-registers send $20.00 check or money order payable to "WVDGA"

West Virginia Disc Golf Association
P.O. Box 478
Fairmont, WV 26555

*all charitable donations must be submitted the day of the Tournament

Posted: December-07-2006 6:48 pm
Re:Fairmont Freezing Finger Flinger
discus stu
I will come to the filng because its my main thing ...

Whoah! Snow Fox at Five O'Clock!!http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/de/Skinners_Sense_of_Snow.gif/200px-Skinners_Sense_of_Snow.gif

Discus Stu has Ouzo for Twouzo!!

Posted: December-10-2006 8:04 pm
spreadicus

pic of the basket we are giving away at this years Ice Bowl

Posted: January-02-2007 11:53 pm
redneck
I had such a good time playing Seth Burton on my trip from NY to WV that I decided to move there.

Ok, that's not exactly the truth. I did have a great time playing 2 rounds at the course, true, and I am moving to WV, true, but I am actually moving to the Charleston Area, closer to Huntington, Parkersburg, and Hico. (any information regarding the courses, please email me: cowboy2tough2tame@yahoo.com). Fairmont will be a regular trip for me, I imagine. And just to make this post have something to do with where I am posting it....

I am planning on attending the SB Ice Bowl. I will be down in WV that weekend and have already informed the girlfriend my intent to play. See ya there!

Posted: January-15-2007 9:15 pm
spreadicus
Pre-registered players receiving full-color Ice Bowl disc:

1.        J. Deem    INT
2.     J. Burton      INT
3.      Adam K.     OPN
4.     Wes W.        INT
5.      Jerry G.       OPN
6.  Johnny Sias  OPN
7.     Josh S.        OPN
8.     Dave W.       ADV
9.    Susan           INT
10.  Jim                INT
11. Eric                INT
12. Ross S.       
13. Brian D.
14. Jesse.

Posted: January-22-2007 12:26 am
wvu_civil

I have a couple questions about the Ice Bowl.

What two holes will be played twice? Does everyone play the same two holes twice? I'm assuming that it is a shotgun start. So that leaves me to believe that you play the hole you started on and the hole after that. I wasn't sure which it was, or maybe neither.

I was also wondering about course preparation for the Ice Bowl as well. I have reaped the benefits of this great course, and would like to help out getting the ready for the Ice Bowl.

Thanks

Posted: January-28-2007 1:59 am
jestermeister
Since this is a permanent 18 basket course, they'll have two extra portable baskets in place like they did a couple years ago.  Yes it'll be a shotgun start and everyone will be assigned to groups at each tee & they'll start from there.  . 

I don't know which pins they have in mind for this one.  Josh or the Tourney director should be able to answer this one.  I have a feeling that we'll be playing both basket placements once again this year unless they have something else in mind, such as one round from the short tees and the second round from the long tees.

Posted: January-28-2007 5:53 pm
hyzer911

For the Ice Bowl, we will play one round of 20 holes.  For the past two years, we put one temp basket between 12 and 13, up above the road, where there is a natural fairway through the trees,  ending about where the long teepad is for 13.  The other temp hole was after 14, starting at the bottom of the hill, with the basket at the top of the hill, making for a short hole, but a very uphill shot.  We will probably use the same temp holes this year.

As for helping out, that's always needed.  I'm sure either Phil or Josh will make a post, or else, just show up a little early.  Of course, the worse the weather, the more help is needed.

Posted: January-28-2007 10:18 pm
spreadicus
Definite work day Saturday Feb. 17th from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.

All other Work days are announced on the forums under "work days" and e-mailed a notice to all users on this forum.

thanks for helping!!

http://www.manythings.org/signs/im/help_wanted.jpg

Posted: January-29-2007 1:51 am
spreadicus
Sponsor and pledge documents are available for the Ice Bowl available on our Main Page under Ice Bowl. Download the forms and use them to help get sponsors and have a nice handout about the soup opera and Ice Bowl.

*Remember that the player who raises the most charitable donations will win a portable practice basket!!

Posted: February-12-2007 5:59 pm
spreadicus
List updated above for pre-registered Ice bowl players

Posted: February-21-2007 4:19 pm
stick
We were up at the course today, snow is pretty much all gone, it's a bit muddy but not too bad. We'll be tucking an extra golf towel in our bags just in case. As promised at the meeting, we are bringing a big batch of homemade jalepeno cornbread to go with the chili. See you guys Saturday!

WV Stick

Posted: February-23-2007 2:39 am
vanadaar
I am throwing in a handmade classic american pen I turned last night. I'll post a pic of in in a few minutes when I find my camera.

Here is is, ebony with cobalt nickel guts. Don't know if anyone will want it, but offering it up nonetheless.

The image “http://www.wvdiscgolf.net/images/pen.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Chris

Clang. Crap.

Posted: February-24-2007 2:08 am
spreadicus
2007 Fairmont Ice Bowl Results (unofficial)

Open:

1st   Jerry Gotcher (PA)
2nd  Johnny Sias (WV)
3rd   Deebo (WV)

Adv
1st   Tom Epperly
2nd   Rob Johnson 
3rd Adam Klimas

Int - (3-way tie at 70 decided by # of birdies)

1st      Roger Sams
2nd    Ross Schweitzer
3rd     Pat Samuelson

Nov

1st   Justin Hartshorn
2nd  
3rd   Brian Dailey

Posted: February-25-2007 1:11 am
tom e
great ice bowl  --had a fun time  --hey speadicus,whats up with leaving out my name --lol come up and get left out   cya later all are welcome to play sunday doubles 11:00 am   @ rotary park

Posted: February-25-2007 9:05 pm
spreadicus
Sorry Man,

I was pulling the names off the top of my head last night (which was empty) and forgot about ya', my bad. I will start a new thread with the full results and donations raised. Thanks for coming the long trip from Huntington, will see you soon (maybe at the BG Ams?)

-

Posted: February-25-2007 9:35 pm

Jump to page:  Top  1