Main | Course Chit Chat Login to Reply
New course in the woods at Fairmont
spreadicus

9 holes of the new course will be put in on Monday morning this Memorial Day at Morris Park in Fairmont, WV. See PDGA course directory here

We will be starting the back 9 of the new course later this summer/fall to make a 36 hole/interlocking disc golf complex in Fairmont, WV The addition of the 18 hole course in the woods will not only completment the exisiting Seth Burton Memorial Disc Golf Course it will but will interlock with it so you can play 4 different courses in 1 park! The 4 unique layouts will be as follows:

1. 18 holes at the Seth Burton Memorial Disc Golf Course = 1A(front nine) + 1B(back nine)
  2. 18 holes at the unnamed course in the woods of Morris Park = 2A(front woodsy nine) + 2B(back woodsy nine)
  3. Special Blend 18 = 2A + 1B
  4. Extra Special Blend 18 = 1A + 2B

*special thanks to Johnny Sias for coming up with the interlocking courses idea, great stuff!

for now lets thanks those responsible for making this all happen:

J. Phillip and Rebecca Burton, Investors Capital, the City of Pleasant Valley, Morris County Parks and Rec. Commision, Johnny and Adele Sias, all of our work day volunteer's and the West Virginia Disc Golf Assoc. - with their efforts this course will be a great and exciting outdoor activitiy for years of enjoyment.

We thank you all and see you Memorial Monday for a round of 27!!

Posted: May-27-2007 8:09 pm
Re:New course in the woods at Fairmont
discus stu

The "Orange" course had a fine Orange moon over it tonight ...

here is more info. about tonights lunar eclipse http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3249951.stm

Graphic, BBC

Discus Stu has Ouzo for Twouzo!!

Posted: June-02-2007 8:08 am
Re:New course in the woods at Fairmont
jestermeister
The back 9 was challenging & fun.  It's totally different than the original 18, so I'll have to say that it's a welcome change for those who got so accustomed to playing the first 18 for years since those baskets were put into ground.  I went there along with my dad and my bro at the end of May, the 30th to be exact.  Threw a +1 on the original 18, then had a +6 on the new 9 baskets & finished +7 for the day.  The first 3 baskets worked very well with my sidearm throws off the tee and scored pars on each one of them.  Got a 5 on #4 after hitting the trees twice trying to throw out of the ditch  about halfway  to the basket.  Bogeyed #5 & #8.  Got 2 more par's on #6 & #7 before ending up with a double bogey on the final basket.  It was tough on both my dad and my bro. 

I'm looking forward to coming back to play Agent Orange course again & hopefully cut down a few throws, but I don't expect it to be easy because my upshots were sharp that day...except for those two double bogeys of course!

Posted: June-08-2007 9:15 pm