Main | Course Chit Chat Login to Reply
New Marietta, OH. 9 Hole course coming soon...
mboden
Rec'd this from someone I met at the Ace Race last year in Chillicothe, all FYI...

"I have joined up with a couple guys from Marietta, OH (Marietta Disc Golf Association, club@mariettadga.com). They are in the process of building a new course in Marietta (just above Marietta off I77 on the Broughton Farm property). I have taken the task of beating the bushes to see if I can drum up any help. I thought I would let you know and find out if you knew anyone who would be interested in helping to put up a new course in the area. Do you know anyone who may be interested in getting involved in this endeavor (whether it be labor, advice, sponsorship, exposure, discounts on materials, etc...)?

Marietta Disc Golf Association is intending to build a course, as well as offer free seminars, and travel to local elementary schools in an attempt to help grow the sport in our area. They have already submitted their plans (for the front 9) to the board that oversees the nature preserve on that property. The front 9 has been mapped out and is in the approval process. The back 9 will come later (when more land is expected to become available). They figure it will probably take about $5,000.00 per 9 holes to put in.

If you know anyone that may be able to help please pass along the word. Feel free to give them my email address or they can use the MDGA email address above attention Dave Smith and/or Lee Offenberger.

Thanks for your help, it is appreciated!"

I rec'd it from Matt Schlemmer from southern Ohio....

Stay straight
Mark

Posted: June-01-2007 1:45 am
Re:New Marietta, OH. 9 Hole course coming soon...
mboden
proposed nine, in pic form...
http://xsorbit28.com/users5/scodg/index.php?topic=47.new#new

Posted: June-02-2007 3:22 pm
mboden
updated the link w/a brochure:
http://xsorbit28.com/users5/scodg/index.php?topic=47.new#new

Posted: June-10-2007 5:24 am
mboden
Ribbon cutting will be at noon this Saturday...

Posted: August-14-2007 12:16 am
spreadicus
marietta is now an 18 hole course!

Posted: May-06-2008 6:24 pm