Main | Course Chit Chat Login to Reply
Davis & Elkins College
jestermeister
I know that this D&E College campus has a 9 basket course, just never really been out that way to even bother playing there yet.  I believe that Phil Burton may have mentioned about it to me and my father a while back.  Just wondering how this course is put together.  Would hate to drive all the way down there on my way to, or back from Paw Paw later this year only to be disappointed that it wasn't worth the visit.  

I did a search on Facebook/Myspace & googled to see if there's any current students involved in disc golf & had no luck finding anyone. 

Any information regarding this disc golf course will be appreciated & thanks in advance!
John

Posted: April-24-2009 11:49 pm
Re:Davis & Elkins College
spreadicus
Not 100% on this but, I heard they took the baskets out.

Posted: April-26-2009 12:19 am
jestermeister
Wow...how rude of them!  If it's actually a nice course, I'm going to have to exhume Davis & Elkins from their graves myself and see if they've turned in their graves already.

Posted: April-26-2009 2:53 am
spreadicus
LOL!

Posted: October-12-2009 8:43 pm
jamesliston
The D&E 9-hole is a fun course.  It has a few challenges.

If you are playing with a good group of friends try a few alternative basket drives.

I would suggest coming from the D&E Shrub towards the gate basket.

If you are in town and want to play; call me 304-672-5044.

There are a few disc golfers in Elkins.  If I can't play I can call one of them.
It takes a tour to learn the course since it isn't marked.

We sure could use tee box markers of some sort.

Cosmo Consulting Co
211 Third Street
Belington, WV  26250
304-823-3069    304-672-5044

Posted: May-02-2010 7:09 pm
vanadaar
I hit this course last year during a caver convention (OTR). It looks like a good course, except that there are zero markings. There were 9 baskets, but we had no idea where the tee's were. We even stopped a security guard and asked him. He had no idea either. We ended up making up our own course, so it was fun. I'd love to see a map, markings, signs, or something to let players know the proper course. Maybe we overlooked them, but again it would be easy to do.

Clang. Crap.

Posted: May-02-2010 9:12 pm
jamesliston
Hello,
I scored a course map and scorecard.
I will upload it asap.  There are no markers for tees currently.
A friend and I are trying to come up with a cheap "pushpin marker" for the tees.

Cosmo Consulting Co
211 Third Street
Belington, WV  26250
304-823-3069    304-672-5044

Posted: May-08-2010 8:48 am
vanadaar
Send it to me as an attachment, I'll get it posted for download. wvuboyer at gmail dot com

Clang. Crap.

Posted: May-12-2010 10:42 pm