Main | Disc Golf Meetups Login to Reply
Moraine State Park:
discmeister
Looking to get a group from WV to head up to Moraine State Park on Saturday, August 15.  Maybe make a day out of it and get in 18 at Moraine and 18 at Knob Hill.  Any takers?

Posted: July-25-2009 5:28 pm
Re:Moraine State Park:
discmeister
One more week to go, folks.  Meeting/Departure details will be more formalized as people commit to the trip.

Here are some reviews on the course at Moraine, if interested:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=126

Posted: August-08-2009 3:00 pm
spreadicus

I am considering it discmeister, just played this weekend in the PFDO, results are online:

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=8620&year=2009&include_ratings=1#Open

Posted: August-10-2009 6:16 pm
sidearm
I'm in. What time we leaving? I say early enough to get a couple rounds in. One at moraine, and one at.....?

Posted: August-10-2009 7:44 pm
discmeister
Good job in the tourney spreadicus.

Well, it looks like sidearm is in for sure.  We'll shoot for 18 at Moraine State Park and 18 at Knob Hill or another course on the way back through so we can get in a full 36.

Meeting location will be the Target parking lot in Morgantown at 7:15 Saturday morning. 

Spreadicus, if you decide to join in and you want me to pick you up on the way, just let me know.  I'll provide the transportation (including fuel cost) for 4 (maybe 5) people.  Sidearm is bringing a cooler so we'll plan on packed lunches for the trip.

If anybody else is interested, just feel free to reply.

Posted: August-10-2009 8:22 pm
spreadicus
I am afraid I cannot make it on the trip as I am pretty worn out from traveling this summer and work is really gonna pick up next week. I hope everyone who goes has a great time. Moraine and Knob are both really looking great. The PFDS did a great job on prepping these courses for the tourney last weekend.

Enjoy!

Posted: August-14-2009 4:03 pm
spreadicus
Knob Hill:

Posted: August-14-2009 4:03 pm
discmeister
You'll be missed spreadicus.

We now have a couple of other options on the table for anybody interested:

3 rounds (Moraine / Knob Hill / Schenley Park) or 2 Rounds (Moraine / Deer Lakes).  Either way, it's going to be a great day for some disc golf.

7:15 am at the Target Parking Lot in Morgantown for anybody else who may want to jump in.

Posted: August-14-2009 7:59 pm
discmeister
It's official:

Moraine State Park in the morning.  Deer Lakes in the afternoon.

Posted: August-14-2009 8:49 pm
spreadicus
you guys will love Deer Lakes. They just got new concrete tee pads! Maybe another trip in the Fall and I will be available. Perhaps to Paw Paw, WV? they have 2 good courses, very difficult.

Posted: August-14-2009 10:50 pm
bznewz

I'm in. What time we leaving? I say early enough to get a couple rounds in. One at moraine, and one at.....?

Posted: February-03-2020 2:41 pm